A Clean and Green Future
Nick is proud to serve on a Council that adopted the joint City-County Climate Action Plan, committed to 100% renewable energy by 2050, and is a national leader in sustainability.
- Nick is protecting urban natural areas like Riverview and Crystal Springs Creek, and bringing salmon back to our urban watersheds.
- Nick is committed to permanently protecting West Hayden Island from development.
- Nick championed "poop-to-power," converting methane gas from the city’s sewage treatment plant into renewable natural gas.
- Nick supported "Banning the Bag" – removing millions of plastic bags from Portland’s ecosystem every year.
- Nick is a strong supporter of protecting our urban wetlands and wildlife, advocating for a "no-wake zone" in the Ross Island Lagoon and in Holgate Channel.
- Nick prioritized small grants to community partners like Depave, Friends of Johnson Creek, Tryon Creek Watershed Council, and Verde.
- Nick has prioritized green infrastructure – like bioswales – treating wastewater in an eco-friendly way and saving ratepayers money.