Justice For All
A former civil rights lawyer, Nick has been speaking out against the rising tide of hate and intolerance and is working to make Portland a more welcoming city for all.
- Nick co-authored a City Council Resolution funding legal assistance for local Dreamers – and condemning President Trump for rescinding DACA and putting 800,000 Dreamers nationwide at risk.
- Nick voted to affirm our status as a sanctuary city – sending a strong message that all are welcome here – and supported funding for "Portlanders United Against Hate."
- Nick supported and funded the "East Portland Action Plan” to strengthen the voice of East Portland.
- Nick led the city’s conversion of single-stall restrooms to "All-User" and is challenging the business community to do the same.
- Nick supported the creation of the Office of Equity and Human Rights, and a new tribal liaison to strengthen the city’s partnership with urban and rural Native American communities.
- Nick voted to "Ban the Box" – because everyone deserves a second chance.