Our Kids. Our Future
Nick understands the importance of a good public education to our children’s future. His wife Patricia teaches history at Portland State University. Their son Chapin is an 8th grader in Portland Public Schools. Nick is honored to be endorsed by the Portland Association of Teachers in this race.
- Nick is supporting the renewal of the Portland Children’s Levy.
- Nick supports arts education in the schools for all of our children.
- Nick is advocating for stable and adequate funding for K-12 public education.
- Nick will continue to support bond measures to modernize our schools and protect student health.
- Nick is supporting new partnerships and funding for SUN Schools.
- Nick worked with community partners to improve access to safe playing fields at Grant High School and Buckman Field.
- Nick is an advocate for innovative community partnerships to close the achievement gap, like Early Learning Initiatives in the David Douglas School District and the new Fabian Elementary School in NE Portland.
- Nick regularly participates in “Teacher for a Day” and “Superintendent for a Day” events at local public schools.