Prosperity & Opportunity
Nick is a champion for “Buy Local” and Portland’s small businesses. He supports our 50 neighborhood business districts as Council liaison to Venture Portland, and is working to expand opportunities for women- and minority-owned businesses on City construction projects.
- Nick secured new funding for locally-owned small businesses in East and North Portland.
- Nick advocated for streamlined permitting for cannabis businesses.
- Nick supported partnering with the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber, Venture Portland and PSU to help local businesses become certified "B Corps," building Portland's brand as a place for sustainable business.
- Nick convened community stakeholders to plan for the Willamette River Superfund clean-up, with the goal of ensuring that local workers and businesses benefit from our investments in a clean river.
- Nick is a champion for Community Benefit Agreements on City construction projects – creating opportunities for small, minority-owned businesses, and offering apprenticeships and training for women and underserved communities.
- Nick sold the “Terminal 1” site, a triple win that preserved scarce industrial land, generated millions of dollars to offset rate increases, and will generate good family-wage jobs.
- Nick secured a $20,000 emergency grant to support repairs at the Portland Mercado after it was vandalized in the fall of 2016 – and is a frequent customer!