Nick is passionate about making our streets and sidewalks safer for everyone, especially east of 82nd Avenue.
- Nick consistently advocates for Vision Zero and new safety investments for East Portland's most dangerous streets, including outer Southeast Powell.
- Nick’s bureaus are partnering with the Portland Bureau of Transportation and Venture Portland to reduce the impact of construction projects on neighborhood businesses.
- Nick encourages new ideas – like "Better Naito" – to improve safety for all road users.
- Nick supported expanding our active transportation network through Bikeshare and the Bike Master Plan.
- Nick supports investments to fix potholes and update our transportation infrastructure – because better streets are safer streets.
- Nick is a strong supporter of the City’s policy dedicating half of its surplus each fall to infrastructure maintenance.
- Nick voted to refer a temporary gas tax to the ballot – it passed, and will fund major investments in basic road repair and new bike infrastructure.
- Nick endorsed the City's successful effort to secure state funding for pedestrian improvements along Columbia Boulevard.